Its been a crazy week but finally everything has come together, the map is fitted in the stand, all the electronics are working and I’ve put two microphones together. One of the biggest challenges has been working out how to finnish the aluminium; I spent the weekend filing the edges and finally decided on a matt finnish created using the orbital sanders as it covers scratches and faults. Other problems have been fitting the box for the map and securing the hinge. I have Roddie to thank for solving the latter of these, we used epoxy resin and metal pins to avoid damaging the wood with screws. On the whole I’m pleased and relieved with the final outcome but given more time would have liked to work on the finnish of the aluminium and create some branding and graphics.